Sunday, March 12, 2017

Rise of Technology

A topic similar to the Save the Whale, Screw the Shrimp piece we read is how technology has actually taken over our lives, maybe for the worst.  I won't disagree with this, as I along with the majority are examples of how materialistic society has become.  For most of my day I am looking at a computer or phone screen, mindlessly looking at funny photos or doing my homework.  It has gotten to the point where people depend on such technology.

I remember the days of my youth when free time meant going outside and ringing my neighbors doorbells to ask if they can play. Life was simple back then.  I never had to stay long into the night doing homework, and tests never stressed me out.  The only disappointments that ever came was if no one else could play with me outside.  But when that happened, I would just pick up a book and grab a snack and lay comfortably on the couch.  I had no phone or anything. The online world was nonexistent to me.

Of course technology these days is an essential to certain activities and such, but maybe we need a little less of it.  Maybe our society has become too advanced.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Kevin! I really like how you contrasted your life with technology and without it. It really makes the extent of the change caused by technology evident. I also found your last sentence very intriguing as you questioned this change in society.

    ReplyDelete